Millions of Americans have been touched by traumatic brain injury (TBI)—a tragedy that can affect anyone without notice. My family joined the TBI community in 2007 when my father, Al Barone, was involved in a serious motorcycle accident.
While his recovery has been nothing short of a miracle, watching and participating in his rehabilitation has left me keenly aware of the huge gaps that exist in providing TBI survivors and their families with exceptional care and resources.
New Beginnings was born out of my passion to help others who are struggling through similar devastating situations reach their potential and enjoy a meaningful quality of life.
With your partnership, this can happen. Together, we will emerge as pioneers in leading-edge research, treatment, rehabilitation and support for TBI survivors and others overcoming physical and cognitive challenges, providing the finest in long-term rehabilitation through New Beginnings.
Allyson Scerri, Executive Vice President
Three Ways You Can Help
- Give financially to help New Beginnings develop and sustain its buildings, programs and resources.
- Volunteer your time to one of these vital New Beginnings committees:
- Fund-raising Committee: The primary goal of the fund-raising committee is to develop and organize events to help raise funds to facilitate the mission of New Beginnings.
- Advocacy Committee: The primary goal of the advocacy committee is to begin to advocate for the needs of the community to insure current resources remain and to help develop opportunities for areas where there is a lack of resources.
- Newsletter Committee: The primary goal of the Newsletter Committee is to develop a New Beginnings newsletter designed to keep all members of the New Beginnings Community updated as to what is going on.